In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (language) gujaratí (m), gujerati (m)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) gujaratí (masculine and feminine)
More example sentences
- Entries can be sent in any language - Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu and, of course, Hinglish.
- Bhili, a language similar to Gujarati, is spoken by tribal groups in northern and eastern Gujarat.
- A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.
- Indian Sikhs, he said, made up the largest part of Southall's ethnic community, and East African Indian Gujaratis dominated Leicester.
- Despite the economic advances made by many Indians, including many Gujeratis, those of rural Gujerati origin have been, relatively speaking, left behind.
- The south Asian diaspora in the United Kingdom comprises Indians (predominantly Gujaratis and Punjabis), Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis.