Translation of gulf in Spanish:
- 1 (Geography) the Gulf of Mexicoel Golfo de Méxicothe Persian Gulfel Golfo Pérsico(before noun) the Gulf Warla guerra del GolfoGulf War syndromesíndrome (masculine) de la guerra del Golfo
- 2 (gap) to bridge the gulfsalvar el abismo
cerrar la brechaExample sentences
- Just pointing out that there's a wide gulf of difference between the scientific theory of evolution and the way evolutionary dogma gets perceived by the masses.
- The activities of these aggressive and communal forces further widen the gulf between different communities.
- The two sides remain sharply polarised, and periodic attempts to bridge the wide gulf between them have fizzled out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.