- Example sentences
- I could go on and on about the many herons, egrets, gulls, terns, and various and sundry other species we spotted yesterday.
- Carrion crows, large gulls, hawks and herons all receive severe punishment.
- Seabirds such as gulls and terns, even pelicans, can point the way to ‘sure thing’ action when the excited flocks are low and tight, dipping and circling.
- [archaic]Example sentences
- That's because the man that gulled him has a very, very long line of creditors.
- To understand ground rents and land prices is to understand cities; not to understand is to remain mired forever in confusion and fallacy, to be gulled and misled and bamboozled, which is, indeed and alas, the common lot of mankind.
- They are gulled by the oldest trick of all, the one that gets the victim to look somewhere else.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.