n (plural -lies)
- 1.1 (small valley) barranco (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (channel) surco (m), cauce (m)
More example sentences
- The tidal bore comes in faster than a galloping horse, but first wilful surging water fills gullies and gaping holes left by the last ebbing tide.
- The Saharan winds were blowing sand onto fertile hillsides, and when it rained the water was cutting gullies through the rich alluvial soil along the wadi.
- These low water gullies can be classic fish-holding areas.
- You can also see gullies and huge channels of water draining from the city and then running back into the sea.
- They then got trapped in the sand next to the Lancaster channel - one of four deep gullies that criss-cross the area.
- Now a review of the city's cleaning of gullies, gutters, footpaths and back lanes in terraced streets has prompted commercial services officers to study the issue.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.