Translation of gutter in Spanish:
- 2 (in street)Example sentences
- It was stuck between two narrow residential streets and rode uncomfortably up to the gutters on each side, so that there was no sidewalk adjacent to the lot.
- The sun shone brightly and the gutters on the side of the street shone and sparkled with the run-off from the melting snow.
- When morning comes and the street sweepers clean the gutters, they are sometimes followed by vacuum trucks, lest the runoff contaminate the storm drains.
- 3 (lowest section of society) the gutterlos bajos fondoshe rose from the gutter
la cloacatuvo orígenes muy humildesthe language of the gutterel lenguaje barriobajero or de los bajos fondosgutter journalismperiodismo (masculine) sensacionalista or amarillo or amarillista(before noun) the gutter pressla prensa sensacionalista or amarilla or amarillistaExample sentences
- Now look where rationalism in the context of liberal humanism has taken us - into the gutter of situation ethics.
- The political party's descent into the gutter continues apace, with plans to further tighten already draconian anti asylum seeker legislation.
- Why am I independent and able to give my daughter a first-rate education, when other women that had just as good opportunities are in the gutter?
arder con luz parpadeanteExample sentences
- The candle flickered, and after a moment, the little flame guttered out.
- She turned around and sprinted down the corridor, her candle guttered out, and she was plunged into complete darkness.
- After we said it a few times I felt the temperature of the room begin to decrease and the candles guttered out for a moment before coming back full force.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.