Translation of haberdashery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 countable 1.1 (clothes store)(American English)1.2 (store selling sewing materials etc)tienda (feminine) de ropa y accesorios para caballeros(British English)Example sentences
- Soon, Hollywood's fine haberdasheries were replaced by pizza joints, T-shirt shops, and pornographic bookstores.
- There are 14 departments with escalators and elevators ‘going up’ to haberdashery and food and down to furniture and china.
- The three of us trooped off together to get outfitted at a mid-town haberdashery.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (clothes)(American English)2.2 (sewing materials)ropa (feminine) y accesorios (masculine plural) para caballeros(British English)Example sentences
- The shop specialises in a wide range of fabrics, haberdashery and buttons.
- Many display shelves were covered by stationery materials, crepe paper, haberdashery, hair conditioner and washing detergent, boot polish and plastic toys.
- The company has a £45 million a year turnover with sales of a wide range of products, including household wares, haberdashery and clothes at budget prices.
- As part of this refit, the company also scaled back floor space for textiles, dress fabrics, haberdashery and knitting yarns.
- To the democratic reader committed to affording all beliefs equal status, belief is a sort of style, like haberdashery, taken on and put away at will.
- Like Dr. Grant, however, the meticulous doctor found no pleasure in soiling his fancy haberdashery during a leisurely round of golf.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.