Translation of haberdashery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 countable 1.1 (clothes store)(American English)1.2 (store selling sewing materials etc)
tienda (feminine) de ropa y accesorios para caballeros(British English)
mercería (feminine)Example sentences
- Soon, Hollywood's fine haberdasheries were replaced by pizza joints, T-shirt shops, and pornographic bookstores.
- There are 14 departments with escalators and elevators ‘going up’ to haberdashery and food and down to furniture and china.
- The three of us trooped off together to get outfitted at a mid-town haberdashery.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (clothes)(American English)2.2 (sewing materials)
ropa (feminine) y accesorios (masculine plural) para caballeros(British English)
(artículos (masculine plural) de) mercería (feminine)Example sentences
- The shop specialises in a wide range of fabrics, haberdashery and buttons.
- Many display shelves were covered by stationery materials, crepe paper, haberdashery, hair conditioner and washing detergent, boot polish and plastic toys.
- The company has a £45 million a year turnover with sales of a wide range of products, including household wares, haberdashery and clothes at budget prices.
- As part of this refit, the company also scaled back floor space for textiles, dress fabrics, haberdashery and knitting yarns.
- To the democratic reader committed to affording all beliefs equal status, belief is a sort of style, like haberdashery, taken on and put away at will.
- Like Dr. Grant, however, the meticulous doctor found no pleasure in soiling his fancy haberdashery during a leisurely round of golf.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.