Translation of hackberry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- (tree) almez (masculine), almezo (masculine); (fruit) almeza (feminine)Example sentences
- In addition to the oaks, the city lost wax myrtles, hackberries, weeping willows and magnolias.
- Some of the primary plants for butterfly larvae include: aspen, alfalfa, clover, nettle, pearly everlasting, milkweed, grasses, hackberry, parsley, vetch, and willow.
- Walnut trees can also grow in small groups or as scattered specimens mixed with American elm, hackberry, boxelder, sugar maple, green and white ash, basswood, red oak, and hickory.
- While the inhabitants of the cave probably consumed hackberries and grapes as fruits, the remaining seed present are likely incidental.
- Wild fruits such as hackberries and grapes supplemented the diet.
- The earliest inhabitants of the cave utilized the entrance chamber from autumn to winter, as evidenced by a reliance on the fall nut mast, such as hickory and walnut, and wild fruits such as hackberry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.