Translation of hackney in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -neys)
- 1 [Riding] 1.1 (horse for riding) caballo (masculine) de sillaExample sentences1.2 (breed) jaca (feminine)
- As the hackney rolled forth the meaning of Caroline's answer registered in Charlotte's mind.
- You'd feel for all the other taxi drivers and hackneys, particularly those working at night.
- He said the only problem taxi drivers had with the proposed new code was the proposal that all taxis, hackneys and limousines be fitted with a front passenger swivel seat to facilitate entry and exit for people with reduced mobility.
- 2hackney (cab) hackney carriage 2
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a