Translation of hackney in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -neys)
- 1 [Riding] 1.1 (horse for riding) caballo (masculine) de sillaExample sentences1.2 (breed) jaca (feminine)
- As the hackney rolled forth the meaning of Caroline's answer registered in Charlotte's mind.
- You'd feel for all the other taxi drivers and hackneys, particularly those working at night.
- He said the only problem taxi drivers had with the proposed new code was the proposal that all taxis, hackneys and limousines be fitted with a front passenger swivel seat to facilitate entry and exit for people with reduced mobility.
- 2hackney (cab) hackney carriage 2
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.