Translation of hackney in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -neys)
- 1 [Riding] 1.1 (horse for riding) caballo (masculine) de sillaExample sentences1.2 (breed) jaca (feminine)
- As the hackney rolled forth the meaning of Caroline's answer registered in Charlotte's mind.
- You'd feel for all the other taxi drivers and hackneys, particularly those working at night.
- He said the only problem taxi drivers had with the proposed new code was the proposal that all taxis, hackneys and limousines be fitted with a front passenger swivel seat to facilitate entry and exit for people with reduced mobility.
- 2hackney (cab) hackney carriage 2
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the