Translation of hag in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ugly old woman) bruja (feminine), arpía (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (witch) [archaic] fada (feminine) [arcaico], hechicera (feminine)
- And they look nothing like this now, the jaded old hags.
- At first, I found it harder to ignore the pleas originating from young children, women, and old hags.
- I had the vaguely presentable air crew, they had the old hags nearing retirement.
- This is a place where witches aren't green hags, flying broomsticks, and scaring children away.
- I mean, doesn't everyone think Witches are mythical old hags who ride broomsticks and turn princes into frogs?
- We are little-known and therefore little-understood, and this is exacerbated by Pagans who insist on aligning us with mythical broomstick-flying wart-sporting hags.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.