- [literary/literario] saludable, robusto hale and hearty (fuerte) como un roble, con una salud de hierroMore example sentences
- He looks at you and sees you're hale and hearty, he'll say, go home, don't bother, don't do anything until you find something like a loss of appetite, weight loss and so on, then come back to me…
- Pray that those around you are hale and hearty because then only can you live happily and peacefully.
- I know it will be better with the distraction of new kitties in the house but I simply can't welcome the additions until Dr. Susan tells me they are hale and hearty.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) arrastrar he was haled into her office lo llevaron a rastras hasta su oficinaMore example sentences
- Before I could say anything I felt myself being dragged, somehow I managed to grab Tori's shirt haling him to his feet, and dragging him along behind me.
- Tomorrow he will be haled before a court for his crimes.
- In any case, the death of Pelléas is a crude murder by a crazed enemy, whose depravity has already been manifest in the horrendous scene in which Golaud hales Mélisande up and down by the hair of her lovely head.