- [literary] hale and hearty(fuerte) como un roble
con una salud de hierroExample sentences
- He looks at you and sees you're hale and hearty, he'll say, go home, don't bother, don't do anything until you find something like a loss of appetite, weight loss and so on, then come back to me…
- Pray that those around you are hale and hearty because then only can you live happily and peacefully.
- I know it will be better with the distraction of new kitties in the house but I simply can't welcome the additions until Dr. Susan tells me they are hale and hearty.
- (American English) he was haled into her officelo llevaron a rastras hasta su oficinaExample sentences
- Before I could say anything I felt myself being dragged, somehow I managed to grab Tori's shirt haling him to his feet, and dragging him along behind me.
- Tomorrow he will be haled before a court for his crimes.
- In any case, the death of Pelléas is a crude murder by a crazed enemy, whose depravity has already been manifest in the horrendous scene in which Golaud hales Mélisande up and down by the hair of her lovely head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.