Translation of half title in Spanish:
- 1.1 (title) titulillo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (page) portadilla (feminine), falsa portada (feminine)
- Each volume has the same spine title and half title.
- It is a re-issue of the 71-page 2nd edition of 1714, with a different half-title and titlepage, p.71 reset, and the charter added (pp. 73-101).
- It wasn't until I was thumbing through Designing Books: Practice and Theory by Jost Hochuli that the mere existence of the half-title was brought to my attention.
- Never since have I set eyes on a ‘first’ of Mrs Roche's best-known novel, and on only two ‘firsts’ of Horrid Mysteries; and although it was regrettable that Samuel Whitbread's binders had destroyed half-titles, I soon knew enough of the difficulties of my subject to treasure with gratitude what they had left behind.
- Anyone who, like myself, has front matter in their books such as title pages, half-titles, copyright and dedication pages, etc. may want to not have their previews generated automatically but instead opt for choosing a page range.
Definition of half title in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.