- 1.1 (title) titulillo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (page) portadilla (f), falsa portada (f)
More example sentences
- Each volume has the same spine title and half title.
- It is a re-issue of the 71-page 2nd edition of 1714, with a different half-title and titlepage, p.71 reset, and the charter added (pp. 73-101).
- It wasn't until I was thumbing through Designing Books: Practice and Theory by Jost Hochuli that the mere existence of the half-title was brought to my attention.
- Never since have I set eyes on a ‘first’ of Mrs Roche's best-known novel, and on only two ‘firsts’ of Horrid Mysteries; and although it was regrettable that Samuel Whitbread's binders had destroyed half-titles, I soon knew enough of the difficulties of my subject to treasure with gratitude what they had left behind.
- Anyone who, like myself, has front matter in their books such as title pages, half-titles, copyright and dedication pages, etc. may want to not have their previews generated automatically but instead opt for choosing a page range.
Definition of half title in:
- The US English dictionary
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.