Translation of hallmark in Spanish:
- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum)Example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) the hallmark of a gentlemanel (sello) distintivo de un caballerothe hallmark of qualityel distintivo or el sello de calidadit bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passiontenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalExample sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
- is it hallmarked?¿tiene el sello de contraste?Example sentences
- For 700 years - let me repeat that for 700 years we have had a system for hallmarking precious metals.
- The phone is hallmarked by the Swiss Assay office.
- The Carriage Office continues to license taxis and hackneys in the city and the Assay Office, which hallmarks genuine silver artifacts, also perpetuates a centuries old tradition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.