Translation of hallmark in Spanish:
- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum) contraste (masculine), sello (masculine) (de contraste)Example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) distintivo (masculine), sello (masculine) the hallmark of a gentleman el (sello) distintivo de un caballero the hallmark of quality el distintivo or el sello de calidad it bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passion tenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalExample sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- contrastar is it hallmarked? ¿tiene el sello de contraste?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.