Translation of hallmark in Spanish:
- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum)Example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) the hallmark of a gentlemanthe hallmark of qualityel (sello) distintivo de un caballeroit bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passionel distintivo or el sello de calidadtenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalExample sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
- is it hallmarked?¿tiene el sello de contraste?Example sentences
- For 700 years - let me repeat that for 700 years we have had a system for hallmarking precious metals.
- The phone is hallmarked by the Swiss Assay office.
- The Carriage Office continues to license taxis and hackneys in the city and the Assay Office, which hallmarks genuine silver artifacts, also perpetuates a centuries old tradition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the