- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum) contraste (masculine), sello (masculine) (de contraste)More example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) distintivo (masculine), sello (masculine) the hallmark of a gentleman el (sello) distintivo de un caballero the hallmark of quality el distintivo or el sello de calidad it bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passion tenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalMore example sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- contrastar is it hallmarked? ¿tiene el sello de contraste?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.