- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum) contraste (masculine), sello (masculine) (de contraste)More example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) distintivo (masculine), sello (masculine) the hallmark of a gentleman el (sello) distintivo de un caballero the hallmark of quality el distintivo or el sello de calidad it bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passion tenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalMore example sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- contrastar is it hallmarked? ¿tiene el sello de contraste?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.