Translation of hallmark in Spanish:
- 1 (on gold, silver, platinum) contraste (masculine), sello (masculine) (de contraste)Example sentences
- This is to be an appeal against the proposal by Italy for the abandonment of hallmarks on gold and silver throughout the EU.
- He listed the weight of silver, the hallmarks and commented on the quality of the workmanship.
- Also included is a section titled ‘Who's Who in the House of Faberge,’ giving the workmasters, the companies, and their hallmarks and other stamps.
- 2 (distinguishing characteristic) distintivo (masculine), sello (masculine) the hallmark of a gentleman el (sello) distintivo de un caballero the hallmark of quality el distintivo or el sello de calidad it bore all the hallmarks of a crime of passion tenía todas las características de un crimen pasionalExample sentences
- Intellectual consistency is the hallmark of a fine legal mind.
- They may not be the best hurling team around but they have some fine players and the hallmark of their play is honest endeavour.
- A true coffee lover knows that the hallmark of a truly fine establishment is the free refill.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- contrastar is it hallmarked? ¿tiene el sello de contraste?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a