- 1 (Cookery) 1.1 uncountable ham and eggshuevos (masculine plural) con jamónfresh ham (American English)pierna (feminine) de cerdo
pernil (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable (joint)
- He rolls out lasagne sheets using a broom handle, and creates a ragu with minced meat and tomatoes, creamy béchamel sauce, cooked ham, Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Serve with salad, gherkins and cold sliced cured meats and ham.
- This includes luncheon meats and smoked ham which are cured or contain preservatives.
- 2also: hams plural[colloquial] (thighs and buttocks)ancas (feminine plural) [colloquial]to squat on one's hamsponerse en cuclillasExample sentences
- Walking lunges are excellent for sculpting your glutes, hams, quads and adductor muscles, but finding an open path in the gym can be a problem.
- Try a variety of stretches to hit your glutes, hams, quads and adductors.
- When you begin to feel a stretch through your hamstrings, focus on using your glutes and hams to rise back up to the start position.
- 1 1.1 countablealso: ham (actor)(Theater) (actor extravagantemente histriónico)(person given to exaggeration) comediante (masculine or feminine)
pamplinero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (overacting)
histrionismo (masculine) exageradoExample sentences
- They are peachy roles, and have been given to many ham actors to shine in: but David is a master, and brings to his Polonius what one imagines is a perfect expression of the intention behind the part.
- Now he appears like a ham actor who is starting to believe his press agent.
- He's a ham actor wearing caricature expressions: petulance, fury, arrogance, dismay.
- The acting was pure ham, but then it is in every kids or ‘family’ film.
- The script of sand and fog is more like it, not to mention the acting of ham and funny accents.
- He is as diabolic as he is over-the-top - call it deviled ham.
- 2 countable [colloquial] (radio operator)radioaficionado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Tony had registered n7qvc.com because he's a keen radio ham and his call sign is - you guessed it - n7qvc.
- Mr Ogg was a member of the exclusive International Correspondence of Corkscrew Addicts, an enthusiastic radio ham and a painter.
- He used a local radio ham called Roy Evans in a tiny radio shack in Great Bends to keep in touch.
intransitive verb -mm-
actuar con exagerado histrionismo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.