Translation of hamburger in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (patty of meat) hamburguesa (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) hamburger chain cadena (feminine) de hamburgueserías hamburger joint [colloquial/familiar] hamburguesería (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (ground beef) (American English/inglés norteamericano) carne (feminine) molida or (Spain/España) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) picada
- Steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs and pork chops are usually grilled.
- What this basically means is that they serve hamburgers, tuna sandwiches, chicken wings and hot dogs in addition to the jerks, rotis and curries.
- They butchered a steer and served hamburgers and steaks to the family.
- I could turn a big lump of cheap meat into short ribs, prime ribs, rib eyes, deckle steaks, and high-quality hamburger.
- This time we just had the whole animal made into hamburger.
- I know to use ground chuck instead of hamburger or even ground loin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas