- 1.1 (for food) cesta (feminine), canasta (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (for laundry) cesto (masculine) or canasto (masculine) de la ropa
More example sentences
- Marlon convinces him that it's only jealousy and then asks him to help him carry the picnic hamper.
- Andreas has made many wonderful items in his few years as a basket maker including creels, potato baskets, Moses baskets, turf baskets, picnic hampers, etc.
- Spectators were asked to leave items not required during their trip, including picnic hampers and bags, outside.
- If this house is later sold to someone who doesn't need the additional room to accommodate a wheelchair, it can be nicely used for laundry hampers or wicker storage baskets.
- In a shared room you do want to make it as easy as possible for the kids to keep the room organized, so a couple of brightly-colored toy bins and laundry hampers are in order.
- He used it as a remote eavesdropping device, tucked beneath beds and hidden in laundry hampers, capturing closed-door confessions and seizing suburban secrets.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- dificultar we were hampered by a lack of information nuestra tarea se vio obstaculizada por la falta de informaciónMore example sentences
- It is for the younger generation to liberate the nation from the fetters hampering its progress.
- The police organised several cranes to tow away vehicles in the area that were hampering the movement of the fire fighters.
- The second rower's time in Sydney has not all gone smoothly, with injury hampering his progress at the club he joined in 2000.