Translation of hamstring in Spanish:
- (of person)ligamento (masculine) de la corva(of horse) tendón (masculine) del corvejón or jarreteExample sentences
- The lift is actually performed by the leg muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteus maximus) on the way up.
- You must squat to build a symmetrical sexy lower body with a balance between the quadriceps and the hamstrings and gluteus maximus.
- Your gluteus maximus and hamstrings are powerful hip extensors that are activated whenever you stand, sit or step up.
- Do not run down the rear of the leg when nearing the hock as it is easy to cut the hamstring and cause lameness.
- They can go to the neck and slice the jugular vein and carotid artery; they can cut the hamstring above the hock; they can cut the band on top of the neck.
transitive verb past tense & past participle -strungPronunciation: /ˈhæmstrʌŋ/
- 1 (render powerless) (usually passive) I was hamstrung: I couldn't help themestaba atado de pies y manos: no podía ayudarlosthe project was hamstrung by lack of fundsel proyecto se vio frustrado por falta de fondosExample sentences
- His ability to bring reform to Brazil will be hamstrung by budget restrictions
- Its construction has been hamstrung by numerous delays and corruption scandals.
- But our currency is hamstrung by severe structural distortions in both the economic and financial spheres.
cortarle el tendón del corvejón or jarrete aExample sentences
- He hammered the remnants of his blade into the chest of the one who shattered it, and jumped to avoid a swipe that would have hamstrung him.
- Squall pushed aside the chair that Mathers was trying to hamstring him with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.