Translation of hamstring in Spanish:
- (of person) ligamento (masculine) de la corva; (of horse) tendón (masculine) del corvejón or jarreteExample sentences
- The lift is actually performed by the leg muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteus maximus) on the way up.
- You must squat to build a symmetrical sexy lower body with a balance between the quadriceps and the hamstrings and gluteus maximus.
- Your gluteus maximus and hamstrings are powerful hip extensors that are activated whenever you stand, sit or step up.
- Do not run down the rear of the leg when nearing the hock as it is easy to cut the hamstring and cause lameness.
- They can go to the neck and slice the jugular vein and carotid artery; they can cut the hamstring above the hock; they can cut the band on top of the neck.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado -strung /ˈhæmstrʌŋ/)
- 1.1 (render powerless) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) I was hamstrung: I couldn't help them estaba atado de pies y manos: no podía ayudarlos the project was hamstrung by lack of funds el proyecto se vio frustrado por falta de fondos 1.2 [horse] cortarle el tendón del corvejón or jarrete a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.