Translation of handball in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (game — in US) frontón (masculine), pelota (feminine); (— in Europe) balonmano (masculine), handball (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 (ball — in US) pelota (feminine) de frontón; (— in Europe) pelota (feminine) de balonmano or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de handball
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (in soccer) mano (feminine) handball! ¡mano!Example sentences
- Manchester City's goal keeper Carlo Nash will miss the game against Chelsea next month after being sent off for deliberate handball in the reserve-team game with Everton.
- Andy Scott was penalised for handball and Mike Kewley's kick was hard and low - but Speare pushed the ball onto the post and the defence did the rest.
- Ks still tried to get an equaliser and there was a big shout for handball against Mangdoza from Lee's free kick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.