Translation of handball in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (game — in US) frontón (masculine), pelota (feminine); (— in Europe) balonmano (masculine), handball (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 (ball — in US) pelota (feminine) de frontón; (— in Europe) pelota (feminine) de balonmano or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de handball
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (in soccer) mano (feminine) handball! ¡mano!Example sentences
- Manchester City's goal keeper Carlo Nash will miss the game against Chelsea next month after being sent off for deliberate handball in the reserve-team game with Everton.
- Andy Scott was penalised for handball and Mike Kewley's kick was hard and low - but Speare pushed the ball onto the post and the defence did the rest.
- Ks still tried to get an equaliser and there was a big shout for handball against Mangdoza from Lee's free kick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.