Translation of handball in Spanish:
- 1American English: /ˈhæn(d)ˌbɔl/ British English: /ˈhan(d)bɔːl/ 1.1 uncountable (game) 1.2 (ball)(in US) pelota (feminine) de frontón(in Europe) pelota (feminine) de balonmano or ( (Latin America) tb) de handball
- 2American English: /ˈhæn(d)ˌbɔl/ British English: /han(d)ˈbɔːl/ uncountable (in soccer) handball!¡mano!Example sentences
- Manchester City's goal keeper Carlo Nash will miss the game against Chelsea next month after being sent off for deliberate handball in the reserve-team game with Everton.
- Andy Scott was penalised for handball and Mike Kewley's kick was hard and low - but Speare pushed the ball onto the post and the defence did the rest.
- Ks still tried to get an equaliser and there was a big shout for handball against Mangdoza from Lee's free kick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.