Translation of handful in Spanish:
- 1 (amount) his hair was coming out by the handfulel pelo se le caía a mechones or manojosExample sentences
- They know the elusive swing voters scattered in a handful of key states want moderation, not aggression.
- They were replaced by a distant silver moon and a handful of scattered shiny stars.
- Despite having a fair amount of interest only a handful of people took the plunge.
- 2 (small number) (+ singular or plural verb) only a handful of people were therehabía poca gente
solo había un puñado de personas
- 3 (troublesome person or people) (no plural) they are a real handful (children)dan mucho trabajo
son muy traviesos(adults)
son muy difíciles
son de armas tomarExample sentences
- He is a good fighter and was a rough handful, but Harry dealt with him very well.
- The hound has to be a real character who tends to be bossy and, maybe, has become too much of a handful for his owners to deal with.
- He was learning she could be quite a handful, challenging him in ways he did not expect.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.