Translation of handicap in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (disadvantage)Example sentences1.2 [often offensive] (disability)physical handicap
discapacidad (feminine) físicaExample sentences
- Battling against painful odds to remain in the game the little genius still plays off a scratch handicap hoping to comeback to competitive golf.
- He plays off a golf handicap of 14, and is an avid GAA, soccer and rugby follower.
- We are also affiliated to the Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs so handicaps can be obtained.
- Believed to be a handicap, this mental condition is often misunderstood and it is hoped that mainstream films like this one will draw public attention to it.
- Students requiring additional financial support may have severe behaviour and emotional difficulties, hearing or visual disabilities, autism or have multiple handicaps.
- Still, she suffers from severe mental and physical handicaps.
- 2 (Sport) 2.1 (in golf, polo)hándicap (masculine)(penalty) desventaja (feminine)to win on handicapimponerse en tiempo corregidoExample sentences2.2 (event)
hándicap (masculine)Example sentences
- Golfers of various handicaps were asked to putt on the greens and choose the faster green.
- Under the U.S. Golf Association's ESC system, players with course handicaps of 9 or less can post no more than a double bogey on any hole.
- John Preddy was also in the frame when he again shot 38 points, maintaining his steady progress off his 32 handicap.
- Having broken his maiden tag at Ripon on his second outing, Guto was then beaten narrowly at Musselburgh before returning to Ripon to gain a gritty success in a nursery handicap.
- The eight-year-old fulfilled the promise of several creditable placed efforts with an overdue success in a valuable handicap at Hamilton last week.
- She followed a cantering success in a Roscommon handicap with a smooth victory in a conditions event at Leopardstown ten days ago.
transitive verb -pp-
- 1 (hamper)(person/chances)they were very much handicapped by a lack of training
perjudicarla falta de capacitación los perjudicaba mucho or los colocaba en una situación de clara desventajaExample sentences
- But its development is being handicapped by bureaucracy.
- This is clearly a measure of last resort and its application is handicapped by the postoperative development of bronchiolitis obliterans.
- Cannabis use in young people remains a controversial area, and absence of good data has handicapped the development of rational public health policies.
- And I think those people handicapped by the lack of a diploma can easily bypass this hurdle so long as the stress is placed more on a certificate than on real abilities.
- In essence, his players were handicapped by their inexperience and a lack of awareness what was required to succeed at the highest level.
- People don't realise how much tendinitis can handicap you throughout your time in the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.