Translation of handicraft in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (activity) artesanía (feminine), trabajo (masculine) artesanal; (at school) trabajos (masculine plural) manuales 1.2 countable/numerable (product) artesanía (feminine) an exhibition of local handicrafts una exposición de artesanías locales or artesanía localExample sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (skill) habilidad (feminine) manual
- The Cottage Industries Emporium here opened shop in 1984, and is considered a one-stop destination to buy varied handicraft and handloom products from all over the country.
- ‘They regard their creations only as mass handicraft products instead of valuable art forms,’ she added.
- Small-scale agriculture has been the backbone of the economy, with some light industry, mainly handicraft and garment production.
- A wide range of wooden statues, ready-made garments, decorative greeting cards, handicrafts items and eateries were on display.
- A Cheam interior design company is offering people with creative flair the chance to learn new skills at workshops set up to revive interest in traditional handicrafts.
- Other handicrafts include woodcarving and basketry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to