Translation of handiwork in Spanish:
- 1.1 (craftsmanship) trabajo (masculine) his superb handiwork su estupendo trabajo, su maestría 1.2 (product) artesanías (feminine plural), objetos (masculine plural) artesanales the children's handiwork was on display los trabajos manuales de los niños estaban expuestosExample sentences1.3 (doing) [pejorative/peyorativo] obra (feminine) it looks like Laura's handiwork to me a mí me parece obra de Laura
- It stocks exclusively handloom sarees, and this is evident from the intricate handiwork and embroidery on the latest arrivals.
- Despite her handiwork having decorated the entire village for many carnivals, Wendy remains modest about her achievement.
- As for director Christine Jeffs' handiwork, it is marquetry done in mittens.
- She is inspired by traditional woman's handiwork like crocheting and knitting, she says.
- In his early years, George would have been much sought after for his handiwork skills, particularly woodwork.
- ‘Fireworks are still made by hand and fired by human handiwork,’ Nigel says.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.