Translation of handshake in Spanish:
- 1.1 (between people) apretón (masculine) de manos see also golden handshakeExample sentences1.2 [Computing/Informática] protocolo (masculine) de intercambio
- A firm handshake is the basic greeting, and people shake hands again when they part.
- Men and women limit their greetings to a handshake; kissing in public is considered scandalous.
- There were handshakes and greetings on every side and the lucky ones got teddy bears and red roses, to say nothing of rings and pendants.
- Storage virtualization has generally been associated with the handshake between computers and disk blocks.
- A connection between a browser and a Web server is divided into two phases, the handshake and the data transfer.
- It contains an unchecked buffer in the part of its code which deals with handshakes when connecting to SMTP server.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.