Translation of handsome in Spanish:
adjective handsomer, handsomest
- 1 1.1 (attractive) she's a handsome womanes una mujer apuestaes muy buena moza (Latin America)the horse was a handsome specimenel caballo era un magnífico ejemplarExample sentences1.2 (impressive)
- He's handsome, with chiselled good looks and hypnotic blue eyes that make Mel Gibson's pale by comparison.
- In the same way as the handsome David replaced the good-looking Saul, Esther replaced Vashti.
- He was extraordinarily handsome - better looking than most movie stars.
- Serious hunters have long sought Zeiss riflescopes for their handsome looks and quality optics.
- They said, however, that it was a handsome town and that with continued effort and support from businesses and individuals it had great potential.
- Built in 1778, this handsome town house is set within screened gardens that overlook Banff and the mouth of the River Deveron.
- 2 2.1(gesture)handsome is as handsome does
nobleobras son amores, que no buenas razonesExample sentences2.2 they won by a handsome margin
ganaron por un amplio margenhe got a handsome return on his investmentobtuvo un excelente beneficio de su inversión
- Congratulations to those involved with the venture as a very handsome sum of money was raised and overall it was a great night, enjoyed by all present.
- First of all one has to pay quite a handsome sum of money for its large cage and feed.
- Under the government guidelines, journalists cough up a handsome sum of money to the government and individual officials.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.