Translation of handsome in Spanish:
adjective handsomer, handsomest
- 1 1.1 (attractive) she's a handsome womanthe horse was a handsome specimenes una mujer apuestaes muy buena moza (Latin America)el caballo era un magnífico ejemplarExample sentences1.2 (impressive)
- He's handsome, with chiselled good looks and hypnotic blue eyes that make Mel Gibson's pale by comparison.
- In the same way as the handsome David replaced the good-looking Saul, Esther replaced Vashti.
- He was extraordinarily handsome - better looking than most movie stars.
- Serious hunters have long sought Zeiss riflescopes for their handsome looks and quality optics.
- They said, however, that it was a handsome town and that with continued effort and support from businesses and individuals it had great potential.
- Built in 1778, this handsome town house is set within screened gardens that overlook Banff and the mouth of the River Deveron.
- 2 2.1(gesture)handsome is as handsome does2.2 they won by a handsome marginobras son amores, que no buenas razoneshe got a handsome return on his investmentganaron por un amplio margenobtuvo un excelente beneficio de su inversiónExample sentences
- Congratulations to those involved with the venture as a very handsome sum of money was raised and overall it was a great night, enjoyed by all present.
- First of all one has to pay quite a handsome sum of money for its large cage and feed.
- Under the government guidelines, journalists cough up a handsome sum of money to the government and individual officials.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.