adjective/adjetivo (handsomer, handsomest)
- 1 1.1 (attractive) [man] apuesto, bien parecido, buen mozo (Latin America/América Latina) , guapo (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) she's a handsome woman es una mujer apuesta, es muy buena moza (Latin America/América Latina) the horse was a handsome specimen el caballo era un magnífico ejemplarMore example sentences1.2 (impressive) [object/monument/binding] magnífico, bello
More example sentences
- He's handsome, with chiselled good looks and hypnotic blue eyes that make Mel Gibson's pale by comparison.
- In the same way as the handsome David replaced the good-looking Saul, Esther replaced Vashti.
- He was extraordinarily handsome - better looking than most movie stars.
- Serious hunters have long sought Zeiss riflescopes for their handsome looks and quality optics.
- They said, however, that it was a handsome town and that with continued effort and support from businesses and individuals it had great potential.
- Built in 1778, this handsome town house is set within screened gardens that overlook Banff and the mouth of the River Deveron.
- 2 2.1 [gesture] noble handsome is as handsome does obras son amores, que no buenas razones 2.2 [gift/offer] generoso, espléndido they won by a handsome margin ganaron por un amplio margen he got a handsome return on his investment obtuvo un excelente beneficio de su inversiónMore example sentences
- Congratulations to those involved with the venture as a very handsome sum of money was raised and overall it was a great night, enjoyed by all present.
- First of all one has to pay quite a handsome sum of money for its large cage and feed.
- Under the government guidelines, journalists cough up a handsome sum of money to the government and individual officials.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.