Translation of handsome in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (handsomer, handsomest)
- 1 1.1 (attractive) [man] apuesto, bien parecido, buen mozo (Latin America/América Latina) , guapo (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) she's a handsome woman es una mujer apuesta, es muy buena moza (Latin America/América Latina) the horse was a handsome specimen el caballo era un magnífico ejemplarExample sentences1.2 (impressive) [object/monument/binding] magnífico, bello
- He's handsome, with chiselled good looks and hypnotic blue eyes that make Mel Gibson's pale by comparison.
- In the same way as the handsome David replaced the good-looking Saul, Esther replaced Vashti.
- He was extraordinarily handsome - better looking than most movie stars.
- Serious hunters have long sought Zeiss riflescopes for their handsome looks and quality optics.
- They said, however, that it was a handsome town and that with continued effort and support from businesses and individuals it had great potential.
- Built in 1778, this handsome town house is set within screened gardens that overlook Banff and the mouth of the River Deveron.
- 2 2.1 [gesture] noble handsome is as handsome does obras son amores, que no buenas razones 2.2 [gift/offer] generoso, espléndido they won by a handsome margin ganaron por un amplio margen he got a handsome return on his investment obtuvo un excelente beneficio de su inversiónExample sentences
- Congratulations to those involved with the venture as a very handsome sum of money was raised and overall it was a great night, enjoyed by all present.
- First of all one has to pay quite a handsome sum of money for its large cage and feed.
- Under the government guidelines, journalists cough up a handsome sum of money to the government and individual officials.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.