Translation of handy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-dier, -diest)[colloquial/familiar]
- 1 (predicative/predicativo) 1.1 (readily accessible) a mano she always keeps a flashlight handy in case of power cuts siempre tiene una linterna a mano por si hay un corte de luzExample sentences1.2 (conveniently situated) cerca, a mano the shops are very handy here las tiendas nos ( or les etc) quedan muy a mano, las tiendas quedan muy cerca de aquí to be handy
- With our prepared boards and favorite thumbnail sketches handy, we were ready to begin.
- She also has a handy habit of winning close matches.
- For those without handy access to cameras and/or scanners, do your best.
forsth estar* or quedar cerca dealgo you're very handy for the airport, aren't you? el aeropuerto te queda muy a mano or muy cerca ¿no?Example sentences
- It sounds like a handy location, but there's a drawback.
- What's a progressive professor to do if there are no conveniently handy hate crimes on campus to rail against?
- You can even try placing Bibles in handy locations around your home as reminders to feed your spirit every day.
- 2 2.1 (convenient) práctico it's quite handy that he can't come after all después de todo, nos viene bastante bien que no venga 2.2 (useful) útil, práctico to come in handy venir* muy bien the money came in handy el dinero le ( or me etc) vino muy bienExample sentences
- A Local post office is a vital cornerstone to everyday life, a familiar, handy and extremely useful service.
- Durable and convenient, this handy reference functions as nicely in an open field with a flashlight as it does spread out on a desk.
- To help enrich your enjoyment, here is a handy glossary of useful terms…
- 3 [cook/gardener] hábil, habilidoso he's pretty handy about the house es muy habilidoso or mañoso para los arreglos de la casa he's handy with his fists enseguida la emprende a puñetazosExample sentences
- But, if the girl in my life doesn't like to cook, I have been single for 23 years and have learned to be quite handy with a skillet.
- Level headed, a capable bushman, handy with a rifle and a natural with horses, Harry displayed all the attributes of the cream of Australia's youth.
- He's known to be handy with his fists, has a notorious fondness for fast cars, and now it seems he's a fan of loud music: obviously a prime candidate for an antisocial behaviour order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.