Translation of hard hat in Spanish:
- 1 (helmet) before noun hard hat areazona (feminine) de casco obligatorioExample sentences
- You wouldn't send a brickie on to a building site without a hard hat.
- There is a difference between a rule forcing people to wear hard hats inside a building site due to the risks of falling objects and refusing to let kids play conkers out of fear for their safety.
- A wide range of additional tourist-friendly locations are being proposed for the Games, presumably so that visiting IOC members don't have to spend all their time standing on bleak building sites in hard hats and wellies.
- 3 (US) [colloquial] [derogatory] (reactionary)reaccionario (-ria) (masculine, feminine) (de clase obrera)
also: hard-hat adjective before noun(US)
- 1 (reactionary) [derogatory](mentality/view/union)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.