- 1 [egg] duroMore example sentences
- David's plan informed me that I was allowed to snack on two celery sticks, half a red pepper, plus some chopped hard-boiled egg white - whereupon I told David to stuff it, and ate a bowl of Frosties and three marshmallows.
- Plus, I switch the protein shakes with hard-boiled egg whites.
- I'll often get a salad, and then put hard-boiled egg whites and turkey on it, maybe some fish, and grab some fruit for dessert.
- 2 (unsentimental) endurecidoMore example sentences
- Even hard-boiled sceptics will be stupefied at what is on sale there in place of the current literature: Neatly arranged and priced, as if they were the major works on the Nazi era, are the administrative reports of the memorial.
- The unorthodox approach of child protection lecturer Dr Sue Hamilton caused a flutter of discomfort among the hard-boiled audience, but at the seminar on youth development it was to be politics, not sex, which aroused the football men.
- His disarming professorial habit of asking hard-boiled members of the press to repeat his words of wisdom after him (which he himself has repeated anyhow) somehow never seems offensive.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.