Translation of hard-boiled in Spanish:
- 1 [egg] duroExample sentences
- David's plan informed me that I was allowed to snack on two celery sticks, half a red pepper, plus some chopped hard-boiled egg white - whereupon I told David to stuff it, and ate a bowl of Frosties and three marshmallows.
- Plus, I switch the protein shakes with hard-boiled egg whites.
- I'll often get a salad, and then put hard-boiled egg whites and turkey on it, maybe some fish, and grab some fruit for dessert.
- 2 (unsentimental) endurecidoExample sentences
- Even hard-boiled sceptics will be stupefied at what is on sale there in place of the current literature: Neatly arranged and priced, as if they were the major works on the Nazi era, are the administrative reports of the memorial.
- The unorthodox approach of child protection lecturer Dr Sue Hamilton caused a flutter of discomfort among the hard-boiled audience, but at the seminar on youth development it was to be politics, not sex, which aroused the football men.
- His disarming professorial habit of asking hard-boiled members of the press to repeat his words of wisdom after him (which he himself has repeated anyhow) somehow never seems offensive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to