Translation of hard shoulder in Spanish:
- (British English)Example sentences
- Using the emergency telephone on the hard shoulder of the motorway gives a fixed location unlike a mobile phone.
- In other areas of the M1 earmarked for a new carriageway, additional land would be bought, with the hard shoulder and central reservation staying the same.
- In one short conversation, Pc Lee Bowdell described how Mr Hinde was flailing about on the motorway hard shoulder and deliberately banging his head on the floor.
Definition of hard shoulder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.