Translation of hard shoulder in Spanish:
- (British English)arcén (masculine)
berma (feminine) (Andes)
acotamiento (masculine) (Mexico)
banquina (feminine) (River Plate area)
hombrillo (masculine) (Venezuela)Example sentences
- Using the emergency telephone on the hard shoulder of the motorway gives a fixed location unlike a mobile phone.
- In other areas of the M1 earmarked for a new carriageway, additional land would be bought, with the hard shoulder and central reservation staying the same.
- In one short conversation, Pc Lee Bowdell described how Mr Hinde was flailing about on the motorway hard shoulder and deliberately banging his head on the floor.
Definition of hard shoulder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.