- (American English) to play hardball [colloquial]ser implacable or despiadado [colloquial]Example sentences
- But Angelos, one of the nation's leading labor attorneys, protracts most of his baseball negotiations, playing hardball with employees who can pursue better options.
- ‘They play hardball, we play softball,’ Gore campaign manager Donna Brazile added.
- Still, it wasn't hard to grasp the meeting's big theme, a bitter game of hardball between the haves and have-nots.
adjective(American English) [colloquial]
- 2 (difficult)peliagudo [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.