Translation of hardened in Spanish:
- 1 (made harder) [steel] templadoExample sentences
- The same mix characteristics that make it hard for water to penetrate into the hardened concrete make it tough for the bleed water to get out.
- It was still hard, but the hardened clay came off a little.
- A mouthpiece is made for the instrument of gum or hardened wax.
- 2 2.1 (seasoned) [troops/veterans] curtido (en el combate) to be hardened
tosth estar* acostumbrado or hecho aalgoExample sentences2.2 (inveterate) (before noun/delante del nombre) [sinner/drinker] empedernido; [criminal] habitual
- But I am a hardened, experienced and seasoned reporter and I have been around long enough not to be taken in by appearances.
- ‘We might not have any superstars, but our current team has plenty of hardened experience’, explains secretary John Downie.
- The experiences kind of hardened us against the club, and it is actually only in the last week, with what has happened to them, that our members have been discussing them.
- This was especially so in a penal colony where many of the convicts were hardened criminals and many of the free settlers were themselves ex-convicts and impulsive men.
- We did run into a few scary guys, but with the majority of them it was almost impossible to see them as hardened criminals.
- And we're dealing with a real hardened criminal that's violated, I believe, just about every international law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.