Translation of hardy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- (person/animal)(plant)hardy annual/perennialnow we turn to that hardy perennial of …planta (feminine) anual/vivaz or perenne resistente a las heladasahora pasamos a la vieja historia or el eterno problema de …Example sentences
- The traditional cattle are hardy breeds which can cope with the tough upland climate.
- The infrastructure to combat hardy weather conditions was carefully put into force here.
- The mountainous region around the small Corsican town of Bastilyica breeds a hardy, proud people.
- The timing of growth cessation is an important adaptation to ensure that the tree is hardy for winter.
- This hardy shrub grows well in shade as well as sun and tolerates almost every soil type.
- Although the tubers themselves are winter hardy, a mulch layer is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the