adj (-dier, -diest)
- [person/animal] fuerte; [plant] resistente (a las heladas etc) hardy annual/perennial planta (f) anual/vivaz or perenne resistente a las heladas now we turn to that hardy perennial of … ahora pasamos a la vieja historia or el eterno problema de …More example sentences
More example sentences
- The traditional cattle are hardy breeds which can cope with the tough upland climate.
- The infrastructure to combat hardy weather conditions was carefully put into force here.
- The mountainous region around the small Corsican town of Bastilyica breeds a hardy, proud people.
- The timing of growth cessation is an important adaptation to ensure that the tree is hardy for winter.
- This hardy shrub grows well in shade as well as sun and tolerates almost every soil type.
- Although the tubers themselves are winter hardy, a mulch layer is highly recommended.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...