Translation of hardy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-dier, -diest)
- [person/animal] fuerte; [plant] resistente ([ a las heladas etc ]) hardy annual/perennial planta (feminine) anual/vivaz or perenne resistente a las heladas now we turn to that hardy perennial of … ahora pasamos a la vieja historia or el eterno problema de …Example sentences
- The traditional cattle are hardy breeds which can cope with the tough upland climate.
- The infrastructure to combat hardy weather conditions was carefully put into force here.
- The mountainous region around the small Corsican town of Bastilyica breeds a hardy, proud people.
- The timing of growth cessation is an important adaptation to ensure that the tree is hardy for winter.
- This hardy shrub grows well in shade as well as sun and tolerates almost every soil type.
- Although the tubers themselves are winter hardy, a mulch layer is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a