adj (-dier, -diest)
- [person/animal] fuerte; [plant] resistente (a las heladas etc) hardy annual/perennial planta (feminine) anual/vivaz or perenne resistente a las heladas now we turn to that hardy perennial of … ahora pasamos a la vieja historia or el eterno problema de …More example sentences
More example sentences
- The traditional cattle are hardy breeds which can cope with the tough upland climate.
- The infrastructure to combat hardy weather conditions was carefully put into force here.
- The mountainous region around the small Corsican town of Bastilyica breeds a hardy, proud people.
- The timing of growth cessation is an important adaptation to ensure that the tree is hardy for winter.
- This hardy shrub grows well in shade as well as sun and tolerates almost every soil type.
- Although the tubers themselves are winter hardy, a mulch layer is highly recommended.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.