Translation of hardy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
resistente (a las heladas etc)planta (feminine) anual/vivaz or perenne resistente a las heladasnow we turn to that hardy perennial of …ahora pasamos a la vieja historia or el eterno problema de …Example sentences
- The traditional cattle are hardy breeds which can cope with the tough upland climate.
- The infrastructure to combat hardy weather conditions was carefully put into force here.
- The mountainous region around the small Corsican town of Bastilyica breeds a hardy, proud people.
- The timing of growth cessation is an important adaptation to ensure that the tree is hardy for winter.
- This hardy shrub grows well in shade as well as sun and tolerates almost every soil type.
- Although the tubers themselves are winter hardy, a mulch layer is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.