Translation of harness in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (for horse) arnés (masculine), arreos (masculine plural), jaeces (masculine plural) to die in harness morir* con las botas puestas or al pie del cañón to get back in harness volver* al yugo, volver* a la rutina to work in harness trabajar en equipoExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (straps — for baby) arnés (masculine), correas (feminine plural); (— on parachute) arnés (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable
- He was diminutive, and how he managed to lift the heavy harness on the draught horses for ploughing was more than I could understand.
- Iron components of the chariot were found in a good state of preservation, including the two wheel rims and hub - hoops, the yoke fittings, harness and horse bits.
- I went about my usual morning routine, feeding Angel Wing and the pull horses, and putting on the harnesses for the carts.
(safety harness)arnés (masculine) de seguridad
- The second was that I refused to allow myself to be harnessed to a particular parent on a climbing wall.
- The assistant who was about a nineteen-year-old boy helped us into the harness as we strapped on our helmets.
- The Doctor rambled on, as he checked the leads from the computer to the harness strapped tight to Tanj's head.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.