Translation of harness in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (for horse) arnés (masculine), arreos (masculine plural), jaeces (masculine plural) to die in harness morir* con las botas puestas or al pie del cañón to get back in harness volver* al yugo, volver* a la rutina to work in harness trabajar en equipoExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (straps — for baby) arnés (masculine), correas (feminine plural); (— on parachute) arnés (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable
- He was diminutive, and how he managed to lift the heavy harness on the draught horses for ploughing was more than I could understand.
- Iron components of the chariot were found in a good state of preservation, including the two wheel rims and hub - hoops, the yoke fittings, harness and horse bits.
- I went about my usual morning routine, feeding Angel Wing and the pull horses, and putting on the harnesses for the carts.
(safety harness)arnés (masculine) de seguridad
- The second was that I refused to allow myself to be harnessed to a particular parent on a climbing wall.
- The assistant who was about a nineteen-year-old boy helped us into the harness as we strapped on our helmets.
- The Doctor rambled on, as he checked the leads from the computer to the harness strapped tight to Tanj's head.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.