Translation of harness in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (for horse)arnés (masculine)to die in harness
arreos (masculine plural)
jaeces (masculine plural)morir con las botas puestas or al pie del cañónto get back in harnessvolver al yugoto work in harness
volver a la rutinatrabajar en equipoExample sentences
- He was diminutive, and how he managed to lift the heavy harness on the draught horses for ploughing was more than I could understand.
- Iron components of the chariot were found in a good state of preservation, including the two wheel rims and hub - hoops, the yoke fittings, harness and horse bits.
- I went about my usual morning routine, feeding Angel Wing and the pull horses, and putting on the harnesses for the carts.
- 2 countable (straps)(for baby) arnés (masculine)
correas (feminine plural)(on parachute) arnés (masculine)Example sentences
- The second was that I refused to allow myself to be harnessed to a particular parent on a climbing wall.
- The assistant who was about a nineteen-year-old boy helped us into the harness as we strapped on our helmets.
- The Doctor rambled on, as he checked the leads from the computer to the harness strapped tight to Tanj's head.
- 1 (put harness on)(horse)they harnessed the donkey to the cart
ponerle los arreos or el arnés aengancharon el burro al carroExample sentences
- Two horses were harnessed to a small cart that rattled along near the back of the single-file.
- James returned as the morning was fading into the afternoon, a second horse harnessed to his.
- A photograph in the late Jess Chandler's History of Marlborough shows the horses harnessed to the fire engine in front of the town hall.
- 2 (utilize)Example sentences
- All the same, these conditions have long proved impossible to sustain in physicists attempts to harness nuclear fusion for energy generation.
- ‘Ireland should be harnessing its natural resources and should be a net exporter of power rather than an importer,’ he said.
- The system would have produced 3.5 megawatts - the five turbines being designed to harness tidal energy and turn it into electricity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.