Translation of harry in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-ries, -rying, -ried)
- 1.1 (raid) [enemy] hostilizar*Example sentences1.2 (pester, bother) hostigar*, acosar 1.3
(harried past participle of/participio pasado de)(harassed) agobiado, atribuladoExample sentences
- The king's adoption of Danish tactics in the winter of 878, such as his use of strongholds and small mobile raiding parties to harry the lands of his enemies, was forced upon him by immediate circumstances.
- To combat air attacks, and to harry the long-range German Focke-Wulf Kondor aircraft which acted as reconnaissance for the U-boats, makeshift efforts were made to give air cover, before escort carriers were introduced.
- Their mission is to blow up bridges, block roads and generally harry and destroy any enemy forces with which they come into contact.
- He continued to attack, harry and chase every ball and was rewarded late on with a dramatic Golden Goal.
- Fabrizio Ravanelli had been impressive harrying the home defenders but had contributed little in attack until he took possession on the right touchline.
- Without firm figures, they continued to harry Doig to find them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.