Translation of hasten in Spanish:
- In December 1889, Parnell became involved in a divorce that was to end his political influence and the trauma of this divorce probably hastened his early death.
- A couple of undistinguished losses hastened the end of his career.
- Experts explained that overcrowded high-rises and overusage of underground space hasten the speed of subsidence.
- apresurarseI hastened back to the house
apurarse (Latin America)me apresuré a regresar a la casato hasten to +
infinitiveapresurarseI paid for it myself, she hastened to add a+ infinitive—lo pagué yo —se apresuró a decirnot that I've got anything against her, I hasten to addno es que tenga nada contra ella, que consteExample sentences
- The fat man scrambled up and hastened away, helped along by the boot of Magdalena.
- There is nothing more to say about this damnable road; it is best to hasten along it if one must, and to turn off it as soon as one may.
- But what do their faces tell us, as they hasten to their posts?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.