- 1.1 (loathe) odiar, aborrecer* to hate sb
forsth/ -ingodiar a algn poralgo/+ infMore example sentences1.2 (greatly dislike) odiar, detestar I really hate it when she talks to me in that tone odio or detesto or no soporto que me hable en ese tono I hate people with loud voices no soporto a la gente que habla a gritosto hate
- Due to disliking or hating someone or simply being angry with them, we develop harmful thoughts directed at that person.
- I didn't mean to make people hate him, just dislike him sometimes.
- What he had said was all through rage, he didn't really hate Cooper… just disliked her.
-ing/to + infI hate ironing detesto or odio planchar I hate having my hair cut detesto or odio que me corten el pelo he hates being touched no soporta que lo toquen I hate having to ask you to go, but … siento mucho tener que pedirte que te vayas, pero … I hate to disturb you, but … siento mucho tener que molestarte, pero …, perdona que te moleste, pero …
- 1.1 u (hatred) hate (
forsb/sth) odio (m)( aor haciaalgn/ aalgo) (before n) he was subject to a hate campaign fue víctima de una campaña orquestada contra él hate crime delito (m) de odio (delito grave motivado por la raza, orientación sexual etc de la persona agredida) she often received hate mail a menudo recibía cartas llenas de insultos y amenazasMore example sentences1.2 c (object of hatred) ironing is my pet hate lo que más odio or detesto en el mundo es planchar
- The father was blinded by rage and had nothing but a stare that was glaring with hate for what he believed had happened.
- Discourtesy was the cornerstone of Mercer's hate for the world.
- His youthful hate for a few had turned to a dulled resentment of an entire class.