Translation of haul in Spanish:
- 1 (drag) the fishermen hauled in their netslos pescadores cobraron or recogieron las redesa tractor hauled the car out of the ditchun tractor sacó el coche de la cunetathey hauled up/down the sailizaron/arriaron la velahe was hauled along to all the parties by his wifesu mujer lo arrastraba a todas las fiestasshe was hauled out of bed at midnightla sacaron de la cama a medianoche
- 2 (Transport)Example sentences
- My first streetcar trip had one other close call, a sport-utility vehicle hauling a trailer that made a U-turn right in front of us.
- Police reported that the truck hauling two trailers - with a length measuring 22m - was travelling from Umtata when the driver was believed to have lost control.
- A truck hauling two trailers - with a total length measuring 22 metres - was travelling from Umtata when the driver is believed to have lost control.
- Carnegie needs at least five dump trucks to haul trash to the Imperial landfill.
- As the construction of the huge vessel approached completion, transport firms hauled the mountains of food to the site.
- They are usually used to haul heavy loads or carry cargoes.
- 3 (Nautical)Example sentences
- The waters of the Nile slipped beneath the hull and the boat hauled for the western shore.
- The ship hauled away from the dock and proceeded to Mare Island, California, in accordance with the orders of the Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Squadron.
- As the ship hauled out into the stream, her bow was swung by the tide downward, and her helm was put to the starboard.
- 1 (pull)to haul (
at/ onsomething)jalar ( dealgo) (Latin America excluding Southern Cone)Example sentences
- By the end of this cycle I wind up with bins the Terminator would have trouble dragging down the driveway, but I dutifully haul them out in front of the wall and up onto the curb.
- We all hauled the bikes to the top of Mud Hill, mounted up, and raced for the bottom, the first past the tree being the winner.
- Upstairs in the offices above the injecting room, Nurse Andy hauls a suitcase out of the cupboard, heaves it onto the table, and opens it up.
- 1 1.1 (distance) (Transport) a long haul(to success, victory) un camino largo y difícil(lit: long journey) un trayecto largoin or over the long/short haul (US)a largo/corto plazoExample sentences1.2 (pull)
jalón (masculine) (Latin America excluding Southern Cone)
- It was a long distance haul, not like a sprint, which is what we will be doing when we compete with our dogs in the Savoie Alps in January.
- What we have to do, is improve the railroads, to take the pressure off the air transport system, so short-haul, inter-city hauls, should be done by rail, not by air.
- Afterwards he loses his sight and from that day is plagued with hallucinations seeded with guilt and shame, the unspoken sense that his condition is a judgment, and his career a long, redemptive haul.
- 2 (catch)(of fish) redada (feminine)(of stolen goods) botín (masculine)she got a good haul of bargains/medalsconsiguió unas cuantas gangas/medallasExample sentences
- Officers were also criticised for not fully recording details of the weight or quantity of drug hauls or why they thought suspects possessed it.
- Thieves stole a huge haul of guitars and other instruments worth up to £6,000 from a Westcliff music store.
- GARDAÍ have seized more than €200,000 worth of illegal drugs in two hauls in counties Clare and Meath.
- These were huge fishing craft capable of picking up a thousand tonnes of fish in a single haul.
- Prawn vessels continued to catch fairly large hauls of prawns.
- But Mormon use of advanced methods to net large hauls of fish for pickling and shipment elsewhere had impoverished the Utes and made them resentful and ready for war.
- 1 (summon) I was hauled up before the court
me llevaron a juicioshe was hauled up before her boss
tuvo que ir a rendirle cuentas al jefehe was hauled up on a fraud charge
le entablaron juicio por fraude2 (reprimand) (British)
llamarle la atención aI hauled him up about his manners a few times
le llamé varias veces la atención sobre sus modales
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.