- 1.1 (refuge) refugio (masculine) a haven of tranquillity un remanso de paz 1.2 (port) [literary/literario] puerto (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- About a third of these partnerships are registered in the Cayman Islands or other secrecy havens, which may make it impossible to unravel the worst corporate collapse in American history.
- The chatrooms were the havens of the anonymous.
- You have criticized the greedy capitalists for breaking unions, leveling entire industries, and throwing men out of work to shift jobs to cheap labor havens.
- This dominion not only extends over the open seas, but also over all creeks, arms of the sea, havens, ports, and tide-rivers, as far as the reach of the tide, around the coasts of the kingdom.
- I can see a lot more vessels taking advantage of this natural boat haven over the winter.
- The majority of vessels were sloops and schooners of 50-100 tons, ideal for working cargoes from the shallow and confined havens of north Northumberland.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)