Translation of haymaker in Spanish:
- 1.1 (person) campesino, (masculine, feminine) ([ que trabaja en la recogida del heno ])Example sentences1.2 (punch) [slang/argot] directo (masculine)
- Nowhere have so many muscular and healthy bodies been put on display, so many entwined haymakers and tractor drivers, workers and peasants, strong men and women.
- There was little visible sign even of agricultural activity, apart from glimpses of haymakers scything by hand.
- The drinks, in the form of ale, were taken by five haymakers who last summer spent 13 days mowing five acres of grassland in the park.
- He threw a monster left jab, which I deflected, then I countered with my hardest haymaker to his face.
- Whether it's a jab or a haymaker, we have to throw the first blow.
- His opponent spent the entire round throwing haymakers after haymakers only to hit nothing but wind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.