- 1he hadExample sentences
- He taught there a while and he could have gone on teaching there forever if he'd wanted.
- At the time it was believed he'd vanished because of his problems with drink.
- There wasn't a riot of protest but he'd won the respect of the fans at least.
- 2he wouldExample sentences
- His name has avoided the headlines, but we actually think he'd be pretty great.
- A couple of years ago he first began to think he'd like to join monastic life full time.
- Even if he won the first two and disappeared, he'd have completed the set and have nothing more to prove.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.