Translation of header in Spanish:
- 1 (in soccer)Example sentences
- Neuville flashes in fabulous cross but Klose - who's scored all five of his World Cup goals from headers - somehow hits the post from about five yards with - you've guessed it - his head.
- Ellison's goal-bound shot was well saved by Wilson, who then tipped over a stoppage-time header from Danny Collins.
- The keeper saved his header from a free kick, while another shot fizzed just past the post.
- 2 (dive, fall) [colloquial]she took a header into the poolse tiró de cabeza a la piscinaExample sentences
- Its also pretty fun to see the boss take a header and spill soda all over himself
- The first time the tot does a header into the wall, you want to die.
- She nearly took a header down the stairs, but managed to regain her balance, grabbing the railing in her hand and making sure to pay more attention now.
- 4 (Construction)Example sentences
- The water flowed across an active oxidation area to wet the stone header over the top of the window opening, before pooling on the drywall soffit at the head of the window below.
- The bricks are laid in alternate pairs of headers and stretchers.
- The first visible layer or course consists almost entirely of marble slabs laid as headers that span the entire thickness of the wall.
- 5 (in text)Example sentences
- One way to achieve this look is to create new paragraphs every few sentences and to interrupt long blocks of text with headers, bullet points or photos.
- And running headers on each recto page in the catalogue sections could have supplied window numbers.
- Organize information in a way that it would make sense to algorithms (using keyword rich page titles, headers and subheaders).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.