Translation of headline in Spanish:
- to hit the headlinesaparecer en primera planato make headlinesser noticiathe (news) headlinesel resumen informativo or de noticias(before noun) headline newsnoticia (feminine) de primera planaExample sentences
- Which was presumably why the theft of a couple of plants from a south of England nursery made the headlines in every news broadcast throughout the day.
- Not a single day passes without the word appearing in the headlines of newspapers.
- Virtually all of the headlines and news stories mentioned the one phrase that captured the essence of the findings.
- Part of the blame lies with the source story at the Rutland Herald whose over-eager sub-editors misleadingly headlined the story ‘High school bans blogging’.
- The Dominion Post newspaper bluntly headlined its special budget report: ‘Is that it?’
- The Daily Mirror on Saturday headlined its editorial, ‘The deadly legacy of neglect’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.