Translation of heal in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [wound/cut] curar he tried to heal the rift within the party intentó cerrar la brecha que había en el partidoExample sentences1.2 [person] [formal] to heal sb (
- But when I was bitten, while picking some herbs to heal a sick friend, they made me one of their Elders.
- Although he does not prescribe medicines, he plays a significant and positive role in healing sick people.
- Pulses of ultrasound are also sometimes used as a treatment for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and to heal fractures and wounds.
ofsth) curar a algn ( dealgo) she was healed of her illness sanó de su enfermedad
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [wound/cut] cicatrizar*, cerrarse*Example sentences
- He could return if he takes the veterans' minimum deal, his troublesome knee heals and there is a need after the club explores other options.
- And it has nothing to do with how the little tear in his knee heals.
- You can make yourself more balanced and well-rounded by dabbling in these other areas while your knee heals.
heal oververb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [wound/cut] cicatrizar*, cerrarse*; [rift] cicatrizar*
heal up verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [wound] cicatrizar*, cerrarse* 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [wound/burn] cicatrizar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the