- 1.1 (physical condition) salud (f) to be in good/poor health estar* bien/mal de salud he's worried about his health está preocupado por su salud on grounds of ill health por motivos de salud it's good/bad for your health es bueno/malo para la salud the government's policy on health la política sanitaria del gobierno (before n) [reasons/problems] de salud; [policy/services] sanitario, de salud pública; [inspector/regulations] de sanidad health authority (in (UK) ) autoridad (f) sanitaria health education educación (f) sanitaria health hazard riesgo (m) or peligro (m) para la salud health worker trabajador sanitario, trabajadora sanitaria (m,f)More example sentences1.2 (freedom from disease) salud (f) to drink (to) sb's health brindar por algn, beber a la salud de algn your health! ¡salud!, ¡a tu ( or vuestra etc) salud!
More example sentences
- One of the functions of day services is to maintain people in good mental health and to prevent relapse.
- My mental health began to deteriorate and by January I was in hospital after an overdose.
- No set qualifications are needed but applicants must be in good physical health.
- Take one step at a time and walk your way to health with a free, short walk led by a trained volunteer.
- I hear that they pose health risks to the local population at this time of year.
- Her concerns include possible health risks to children and the blight on her property.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...