Translation of healthy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-thier, -thiest)
- 1 1.1 (in good health) [person/animal] sano; [skin/complexion] sano, saludable he's looking healthy tiene un aspecto saludable she has a healthy appetite tiene buen apetito 1.2 (promoting good health) [diet/living/environment/air] sano, saludable it's healthy to swim nadar es sano or saludableExample sentences1.3 (sound) [respect] sano; [discussion/debate] abierto y sin trabas
- Promoting healthy, balanced eating and a regular exercise program are still the most the sensible weight loss guidelines.
- The guide was sent as part of the National School Fruit Scheme, which aims to promote a healthy diet among infants.
- We promote healthy diets, and there are so many studies showing that meat is just not the healthiest thing.
- They have the potential to revolutionise medicine by offering ways of repairing diseased and damaged body tissues with healthy new cells.
- Sick of seeing him suffer at the hand of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues she decided to become a live donor.
- I am sure that I am not the only cyclist who gets reports from his mid-40s physicals of having a healthy prostate.
- He had everything, the mod sense of dress, an upwardly mobile lifestyle, a healthy contempt for authority and an irrepressible belief in his own creativity.
- We advocate open, natural and healthy communication between the sexes.
- Not all anger is misplaced, and often it's a healthy, natural response to these difficulties.
- 2 2.1 [society/democracy] que goza de buena salud; [economy/finances] próspero 2.2 [profit/surplus] sustancialExample sentences
- The right of children to play enhances their healthy physical and psychological development and builds stronger communities.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
- Physical examination showed a healthy man in no apparent distress.
- Although by now all six of us were firm friends, John and Stephanie had to go home to let their baby sitter get away, and there was still a healthy amount of wine to be drunk.
- I do however think it will pick up a healthy amount of votes.
- He feels good about his chances and would be happy to return for another year, but has a healthy amount of perspective on it all.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.