Translation of healthy in Spanish:
adjective -thier, -thiest
- 1 1.1 (in good health)(person/animal)he's looking healthyshe has a healthy appetitetiene un aspecto saludable1.2 (promoting good health) it's healthy to swimtiene buen apetitonadar es sano or saludableExample sentences1.3 (sound)
(respect)(discussion/debate)abierto y sin trabasExample sentences
- Promoting healthy, balanced eating and a regular exercise program are still the most the sensible weight loss guidelines.
- The guide was sent as part of the National School Fruit Scheme, which aims to promote a healthy diet among infants.
- We promote healthy diets, and there are so many studies showing that meat is just not the healthiest thing.
- They have the potential to revolutionise medicine by offering ways of repairing diseased and damaged body tissues with healthy new cells.
- Sick of seeing him suffer at the hand of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues she decided to become a live donor.
- I am sure that I am not the only cyclist who gets reports from his mid-40s physicals of having a healthy prostate.
- He had everything, the mod sense of dress, an upwardly mobile lifestyle, a healthy contempt for authority and an irrepressible belief in his own creativity.
- We advocate open, natural and healthy communication between the sexes.
- Not all anger is misplaced, and often it's a healthy, natural response to these difficulties.
- 2 2.1(society/democracy)que goza de buena salud(economy/finances)2.2(profit/surplus)Example sentences
- The right of children to play enhances their healthy physical and psychological development and builds stronger communities.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
- Physical examination showed a healthy man in no apparent distress.
- Although by now all six of us were firm friends, John and Stephanie had to go home to let their baby sitter get away, and there was still a healthy amount of wine to be drunk.
- I do however think it will pick up a healthy amount of votes.
- He feels good about his chances and would be happy to return for another year, but has a healthy amount of perspective on it all.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to