Translation of hearing in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (sense) to have good/poor hearingtener buen/mal oídomy hearing is getting worsecada vez oigo peor(before noun) hearing difficultiesproblemas (masculine plural) auditivos or de audiciónExample sentences1.2 (earshot) she wouldn't dare say it in my hearing
no se atrevería a decirlo en mi presencia or estando yo delantehe said it out of their hearinglo dijo donde ellos no podían oírlo
- They have a keen sense of smell, acute hearing, but poor eyesight.
- Although suffering from poor vision, its sense of hearing and smell is acute and of primary importance in locating food.
- His acute sense of hearing picked up the sound of footfalls coming towards them and he quickly ran to the others.
- 2 countable 2.1 (consideration) to give something/somebody a hearingescuchar algo/a alguienshe didn't get a fair hearingno le permitieron explicarseExample sentences2.2 (trial) the case never received a fair hearing
el caso no recibió un juicio imparcial or justoExample sentences2.3 (session)
- Perhaps the opportunity for a fair hearing of her case for her niece's custody would render the other judgments moot.
- It is confident of a fair hearing because the council is legally bound to decide applications purely on planning law and not political grounds.
- Market Hall stallholders accused developers of not giving them a fair hearing at the planning meeting in March.
- But a point that he made was that the judge at the hearing, the trial judge, misdirected himself to causation, and he did.
- In the case of a continuing wrong done to him a prisoner could expect that a hearing in judicial review proceedings could be obtained with little delay.
- In April, a judge at the preliminary hearing at Stockport County Court ruled the matter was not in the public interest.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.