Translation of heaven in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (place) Granny's in heaven/gone to heavento be in seventh heavenla abuelita está en el cielo/se ha ido al cieloto move heaven and earthestar en el séptimo cieloshe moved heaven and earth to get her children backremover Roma con Santiagoremovió (el) cielo y (la) tierra para que le devolvieran a los niñosExample sentences1.2 (God) [archaic]
Dios (masculine)el CieloExample sentences
- In Heaven he was introduced to Indra, who enrolled him in his heavenly workshops.
- At his death, he was unable to again access to Heaven because of his meanness.
- From his position in Heaven above and beyond the universe, God sits not only as creator but also as judge.
- But heaven help anyone who writes this line-up off this time next year.
- But heaven surely knows, that packages and bows can never heal a hurting human soul.
- And heaven help the sanity of the people who listen to it longer than it takes to switch it off.
- 2 (sky) (usually plural) the brightest star in the heavensthe heavens openedla estrella más brillante del cielo or [literary] del firmamentoto stink to high heaven [colloquial]empezó a llover torrencialmenteoler que apesta [colloquial]Example sentences
- They had seen his star in the heavens and followed it to Jerusalem and then onto Bethlehem.
- He could never know what she had wished for as the stars fell from the heavens to earth.
- All of the thirteen kingdoms had been graced with a stone, and a crystal and a star in the heavens.
- 3 (in interjectional phrases) (as intensifier) See examples:(good) heavens!did you vote for him? — (good) heavens, no!¡Dios mío!¡santo cielo!thank heaven¿votaste por él? — ¿estás loca?heavens to Betsy! (American English) [humorous]gracias a Diosby heaven! [literary]¡cielo santo!how in heaven did you do it?¡por Dios!I hope to heaven they find her¿cómo diantres lo hiciste? [colloquial]they gave her the job, heaven knows why¡Dios quiera que la encuentren!things are bad enough, heaven knows, without him getting involvedle dieron el trabajo a ella, vete a saber porqué→ forbid 2, → name 1 1 2, → sake1 3sabe Dios que las cosas ya están bastante mal, para que encima vaya él y se meta
- 4 (bliss) [colloquial]how was your vacation? — it was heavenyou didn't expect marriage to be heaven on earth, did you?¿qué tal las vacaciones? — divinas or sensacionales [colloquial]no esperabas que el matrimonio fuera un lecho de rosas ¿no?Example sentences
- The corollary of this is that meditation provides an experience of heaven.
- No one comes back - face up to what's gong on around you because this is the only heaven or hell you're going to experience.
- The city was a very heaven for such Beatles and Stones fans, and the experience put a spell on their music that is still audible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.