Translation of heaven in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (place) Granny's in heaven/gone to heavenla abuelita está en el cielo/se ha ido al cieloto be in seventh heavenestar en el séptimo cieloto move heaven and earthremover (el) cielo y (la) tierrashe moved heaven and earth to get her children back
remover Roma con Santiagoremovió (el) cielo y (la) tierra para que le devolvieran a los niñosExample sentences1.2 (God) [archaic]
- In Heaven he was introduced to Indra, who enrolled him in his heavenly workshops.
- At his death, he was unable to again access to Heaven because of his meanness.
- From his position in Heaven above and beyond the universe, God sits not only as creator but also as judge.
el CieloExample sentences
- But heaven help anyone who writes this line-up off this time next year.
- But heaven surely knows, that packages and bows can never heal a hurting human soul.
- And heaven help the sanity of the people who listen to it longer than it takes to switch it off.
- 2 (sky) (usually plural) the brightest star in the heavensla estrella más brillante del cielola estrella más brillante del firmamento [literary]the heavens openedempezó a llover torrencialmenteto stink to high heaven [colloquial]oler que apesta [colloquial]Example sentences
- They had seen his star in the heavens and followed it to Jerusalem and then onto Bethlehem.
- He could never know what she had wished for as the stars fell from the heavens to earth.
- All of the thirteen kingdoms had been graced with a stone, and a crystal and a star in the heavens.
- 3 (in interjectional phrases) (as intensifier)(good) heavens!¡Dios mío!did you vote for him? — (good) heavens, no!
¡santo cielo!¿votaste por él? — ¿estás loca?thank heavengracias a Diosheavens to Betsy! (American English) [humorous]¡cielo santo!by heaven! [literary]¡por Dios!how in heaven did you do it?¿cómo diantres lo hiciste? [colloquial]I hope to heaven they find her¡Dios quiera que la encuentren!they gave her the job, heaven knows whyle dieron el trabajo a ella, vete a saber porquéthings are bad enough, heaven knows, without him getting involvedsabe Dios que las cosas ya están bastante mal, para que encima vaya él y se meta→ forbid 2, → name 1 1 2, → sake1 3
- 4 (bliss) [colloquial]how was your vacation? — it was heaven¿qué tal las vacaciones? — divinas or sensacionales [colloquial]you didn't expect marriage to be heaven on earth, did you?no esperabas que el matrimonio fuera un lecho de rosas ¿no?Example sentences
- The corollary of this is that meditation provides an experience of heaven.
- No one comes back - face up to what's gong on around you because this is the only heaven or hell you're going to experience.
- The city was a very heaven for such Beatles and Stones fans, and the experience put a spell on their music that is still audible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.