Translation of heavyweight in Spanish:
- (Sport) a political/literary/industrial heavyweightun peso pesado de la política/literatura/industriaExample sentences
- The World's allow one entrant per division per country, while the World Games are one men's lightweight, middleweight and heavyweight per continent.
- The German was world heavyweight boxing champion from 1930-32.
- He also happens to be a two-time world heavyweight boxing champ.
- Where must it be ranked among the great clashes between light heavyweights and heavyweights?
- The boxers set a brisk pace for heavyweights, both relying on speed of hand and continual movement.
- It was because they weren't heavyweights, and to expect them to compete with the heavyweight champion, who held the premier title in boxing, was ludicrous.
- 1.1 (Sport) (before noun)(boxer/wrestler)de la categoría de los pesos pesados(title)1.2 (of fabric)de los pesos pesados(cotton/denim)grueso y resistenteExample sentences1.3 (serious)
- With the weight penalty (a heavyweight publication), either hand carry it on the plane, or send it early for the festive season by sea mail!
- A slimming guru has received an award from a no-longer-so heavyweight TV critic for bringing Weight Watchers classes to Rochdale.
- Choose high-quality, mediumweight fleece - lightweight fleece will not produce a fluffy bloom and two layers of heavyweight fleece are too bulky.
- With a serious heavyweight training behind him, his food is already to die for.
- Some got merely dozens of votes but very many were serious heavyweight contenders with a wide range of experience.
- Perhaps we have been wrong in thinking him a serious, heavyweight politician.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.