Translation of heavyweight in Spanish:
- [Sport/Deporte] peso (masculine and feminine) pesado a political/literary/industrial heavyweight un peso pesado de la política/literatura/industriaExample sentences
- The World's allow one entrant per division per country, while the World Games are one men's lightweight, middleweight and heavyweight per continent.
- The German was world heavyweight boxing champion from 1930-32.
- He also happens to be a two-time world heavyweight boxing champ.
- Where must it be ranked among the great clashes between light heavyweights and heavyweights?
- The boxers set a brisk pace for heavyweights, both relying on speed of hand and continual movement.
- It was because they weren't heavyweights, and to expect them to compete with the heavyweight champion, who held the premier title in boxing, was ludicrous.
- 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] (before noun/delante del nombre) [boxer/wrestler] de la categoría de los pesos pesados; [title] de los pesos pesados 1.2 (of fabric) [cotton/denim] grueso y resistente 1.3 (serious) [newspaper] serio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.