- [colloquial] [euphemistic]heck!¡caray! [colloquial] [euphemistic]what the heck!¡qué diablos! [colloquial]heck, no! (US)¡ni hablar!to heck with waiting, I'm leaving¡qué esperar ni (que) niño muerto! yo me voy [colloquial]what/where/how the heck … ?¿qué/dónde/cómo diablos … ? [colloquial]I've one heck of a lot to dotengo un montón de cosas que hacer [colloquial]this is one heck of a time to call me¡vaya horas de llamar!she's one heck of a girles una chica fenomenallike or the heck he did!¡y un cuerno que lo hizo! [colloquial]he did it on his own — did he heck! (British)lo hizo solo — ¡qué lo va a hacer solo! or ¡y un cuerno! [colloquial]I wish to heck they'd shut up!¡por qué no se callarán de una puñetera vez! [colloquial]Example sentences
- I surprised my parents, heck I even surprised Mrs. Morgan, the old lady next door.
- Flipping heck, dash it, and crumbs - I think I'm becoming a potty mouth.
- Flippin heck, this is in another class altogether.
- Jen mentions Jason's big question - how the heck do bloggers have the time to write so much stuff?
- Which brings up the inevitable question: What the heck has Bob been doing?
- Dex looked at me and gave a freaked out smile as to say where the heck did that question come from after one creepy long stare?
- This was going to be one heck of a frustrating experience for the both of them.
- He's funny, sexy as hell, a heck of a nice guy, unmarried, good values, yadda yadda.
- That seems like a heck of a lot of money to sit on your butt all day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.