Translation of hectic in Spanish:
agotador(trading)I've been in a hectic rush all day
intensohe andado todo el día como loca de aquí para allá [colloquial]things have been pretty hectic at the office recentlyúltimamente hemos estado agobiados de trabajo en la oficinaExample sentences
- With a heavy inflow of pilgrims adding to the hectic business activity on the streets branching out from the temple, regulating traffic is not an easy task.
- For a couple of hours there is hectic activity and on every side there are vigorous walkers and indefatigable joggers getting their morning exercise.
- What with raucous classes and a year full of hectic lessons ahead, most teachers do not have time for the child with a problem, said many participants.
- 2 (Medicine)(fever/flush)
- He likens the maladies of a state to the hectic fever.
- He uses hectic fever as an analogy - as hectic fever is to the body, political maladies are to a state.
- Within a year, however, he contracted and died of a hectic fever.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.