Translation of heist in Spanish:
- to pull a heistdar un golpe [colloquial]Example sentences
- Bank robberies, cash-in-transit heists, petty crime and road accidents are all declining in the City of Johannesburg.
- The heist began with the robbers deliberately setting off the alarm system and retreating into bushes.
- A highly skilled thief is blackmailed into pulling a diamond heist when his daughter is kidnapped by an international terrorist.
transitive verb(American English) [colloquial]
- 1.1 (steal) 1.2 (rob)(place/person)
- When thieves heisted a car rented to cricket-star Brian Lara and the perpetrators discovered his bat in the vehicle, they returned it.
- The brothers who own the house became part of the city's nouveau riche when they heisted a bank during the looting.
- Disguises are assumed, safes are blown, millions of dollars are heisted according to a completely new and clever scheme, but this is pure escapism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.