- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] hemisferio (masculine) the northern/southern hemisphere el hemisferio norte/surMore example sentences1.2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] hemisferio (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] semiesfera (feminine)
- The direction follows the magnetic poles of the Earth between the Southern and Northern hemispheres.
- In both the northern and southern hemispheres aridity occurs at latitudes characterized by more or less permanent high pressure cells and hot dry subsiding air.
- Countries in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres continue to treat the world's rivers, seas and oceans as dumping grounds.
More example sentences
- The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.
- Sensory axons extend from the skin of the big toe to the base of the brain; and motor axons run from the motor cortex of the cerebral hemispheres right down to motor neurons at the bottom of the spinal cord.
- The left brain hemisphere posterior speech areas showed much greater activation for forward than backward speech.
- The sculpture consists of an elliptical loop of steel, attached to which are spheres and hemispheres fashioned from strips of steel.
- The code was validated by comparing the computed forces and torques with the analytic solutions for a hemisphere and sphere in point contact with the wall and also computations for axisymmetric spherical caps and spheroids.
- When set, gently remove from molds and form eight spheres by gently pressing two hemispheres together at their centers and rolling between hands.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.