- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] hemisferio (masculine) the northern/southern hemisphere el hemisferio norte/surMore example sentences1.2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] hemisferio (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] semiesfera (feminine)
- The direction follows the magnetic poles of the Earth between the Southern and Northern hemispheres.
- In both the northern and southern hemispheres aridity occurs at latitudes characterized by more or less permanent high pressure cells and hot dry subsiding air.
- Countries in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres continue to treat the world's rivers, seas and oceans as dumping grounds.
More example sentences
- The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.
- Sensory axons extend from the skin of the big toe to the base of the brain; and motor axons run from the motor cortex of the cerebral hemispheres right down to motor neurons at the bottom of the spinal cord.
- The left brain hemisphere posterior speech areas showed much greater activation for forward than backward speech.
- The sculpture consists of an elliptical loop of steel, attached to which are spheres and hemispheres fashioned from strips of steel.
- The code was validated by comparing the computed forces and torques with the analytic solutions for a hemisphere and sphere in point contact with the wall and also computations for axisymmetric spherical caps and spheroids.
- When set, gently remove from molds and form eight spheres by gently pressing two hemispheres together at their centers and rolling between hands.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.